July 26, 2022
Forum 225 is now accepting applications for the 2022 John W. Barton Sr. Leadership Program, the organization’s premier leadership training program for young professionals. Through the Barton Leadership Program, participants dive deeper into important topics and issues facing Baton Rouge through the lens of Forum 225’s core pillars, while having the opportunity to engage with local leaders and subject matter experts from various industries and sectors across the region.
The Barton Leadership Program:
- Introduces participants to a diverse group of business, civic, and community leaders
- Broadens participants’ knowledge about the rich history, important events, and unique culture of Baton Rouge
- Empowers participants to network and build relationships with fellow young professionals
- Challenges and equips participants with the resources and knowledge needed to become active community members in service of our city
“I’m proud to see participants over the years emerge from the Barton Leadership Program with the tools and knowledge they need to effect positive and meaningful change in Baton Rouge, as well as in their respective communities,” said Ethan Melancon, Forum 225 president. “This is a great opportunity for young professionals who are looking to develop their leadership skills and grow their civic involvement, and I encourage those interested to learn more and apply.”
Participants are also matched with local executives and community leaders as part of an exclusive Mentor Connection program. Participants engage with mentors throughout the duration of the program to discuss topics including, but not limited to:
- Career development
- Enhancing industry knowledge
- Nonprofit board involvement
- Professionalism and personal growth
The four-month program consists of eight sessions, beginning on Sept. 6 and concluding on Dec. 13. The cost to participate is $300 for Forum 225 members or $350 for non-members.
For more information or to apply, visit forum225.org/barton.
Applications are due by Friday, Aug. 12. Selected participants will be announced by Friday, Aug. 19.
For questions regarding the program and application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.